This is a beginner course suitable for anyone wanting to use Perl for system administration, QA, Configuration Management or Web Programming.
- To be able to write simple programs in Perl.
- To learn the fundamentals of Perl that will enable you to learn more complex and specialized features.
- Duration of the course is 32-40 academic hours. (Usually 4-5 days).
- The course includes approximately 40% hands on lab work.
- In the 5 day long version we allocate more time for exercises and have more time for individual help.
- Experience with a text editor like emacs, vi, pico or notepad.
- Understanding of files and directories.
Request more information about Beginner Perl Maven
- History, how to install Perl, how to run scripts
- Basic I/O
- Scalar values and variables (numbers and strings)
- Control flow
- Lists and arrays (context)
- Hash (associative arrays)
- Regular expressions, pattern matching
- Functions, subroutines
- Accessing files
- Interaction with the file system
- Error handling
- Processes and Signals
- Using references
- Using modules
- Using OOP style
- Installing modules on UNIX/Linux and on Windows systems
- Using CGI to write simple Web applications
- Using LWP to write web scraping programs