This is an advanced Python course suitable for people who already have Python programming background
- To master the rich set of Python libraries and modules.
- Use Object Oriented programming techniques
- Duration of the course is 24-32 academic hours. (Usually 3-4 days).
- The course includes approximately 40% hands on lab work.
- In the 4 day long version we allocate more time for exercises and have more time for individual help.
- Beginner Python course
- Experience with the basics of Python
Request more information about Advanced Python Programming
- Advanced uses of built-in data types (including slices on sequences)
- Functional programming (lambda, map, reduce, filter, zip)
- Comprehensions (list, dictionary, and set)
- Objects in Python
- Scoping issues
- Class methods
- Instance methods
- Overloading (with and without the operator module)
- Iterators (including sorted and reversed, and use of itertools)
- Generators (including generator comprehensions and pipelines)
- Unit Test Framework (brief introduction)
- The "with" statement
- Optimizing Python code
- Design patterns
- Forks to processes and threads
- Networking, Servers & Clients - time permitting
- Twisted Python
- Web development using WSGI
- Web development using Flask